Posted to rec.food.preserving
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Preserving eggplant

D. Arlington wrote:
> What's the best way to preserve fresh eggplants? I always end with more
> than we can eat from the garden. Is there some way to preserve them?
> What methods have you tried?

Eggplant caponata freezes well, as does eggplant moussaka. Any other way
you end up with a mushy mess. I have recipes for both if you are interested.

I understand your dilemma, we had six plants deliver 75 lbs of eggplant
one year. Neighbors would lock their doors and turn off the lights if
they saw one of us coming with a plastic bag in our hand.