Posted to rec.food.cooking
Clay Irving Clay Irving is offline

Default Thai food recommendation

On 2009-01-14, jmcquown > wrote:

> "Charlene Charette" > wrote in message
> m...
>> My husband and several of our friends like Thai food, but I don't do hot,
>> peppery spices (ginger, garlic, etc. are fine). I know next to nothing
>> about Thai food except that the few times I've tried something it was too
>> hot for me. I'm thinking that surely there must be at least one dish I
>> could eat. Any recommendations?
>>
>> TIA,
>> --Charlene

> Ask for Mee Krob. It's sweet Thai noodles Not hot, definitely not
> spicy.

Yes, and most Phat Thai dishes (sometimes spelled "Pad Thai") aren't very
spicy. Almost all the kuaitiao (wider rice noodle) dishes aren't spicy until
you start adding the condiments from the khrueang puang (ring of spices),
dried chile powder (phrik pon), vinegar with chile slices (phrik dong),
fish sauce (nam pla), sugar (nam tan).

--
Clay Irving >
The imposition of stigma is the commonest form of violence used in