Posted to rec.food.cooking
margaret suran margaret suran is offline

Default How Does One Clean The Inside Of An Old Magnalite Pot

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Margaret Suran wrote:
>> Is there a way to clean such a pot? The inside is discolored, with
>> black spots and nothing seems to work to get it clean. It is a small
>> One Quart pot. Does one of you know the secret? Thank you.

> I had Magnalite pots as a young bride. They were my favorite pots. The
> inside gets pitted from acid over the years. I don't know what the other
> dark spots are, but clean it with Bon Ami and a green 3M pad. It should
> shine right up.

Thank you. I will get some Bon Ami and also some Cream of Tartar
(Barbara's suggestion) and see whether one or the other will do the job.
I have the green Rescue Pads and Comet, but I will try the Bon Ami,
if I can find some. Thank you, Janet and Barbara.