Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What Do You Put in Your Pantry?

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I
> was just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
> much food in a lifetime!
>
> I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
> content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
> in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>
> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?
>
> Clueless in Minnesota

I don't have a pantry room per se, but I have a pantry closet, abbout 8
feet long, 6 feet high and 1-1/2 foot wide. My cook books are on the top
shelf. Below that I have canned goods, pastas, a big bin of flour,
cereals, foil, Saran wrap, waxed paper, parchment paper, my FoodSaver
and rolls of bags. The rest is for unopened condiments and things that,
once opened, will go into the fridge or kitchen cupboards.