Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL[_7_] PeterL[_7_] is offline

Default What Do You Put in Your Pantry?

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:11:41 +0000 (UTC), PeterL >
> wrote:
>>It's got all the stuff that doesn't need to be stored in the fridge,
>>as well as potatos and onions, maturing vanilla essence, and herbed
>>vinegar, and ........... *stuff*!!

> Oh, I forgot, I have all my various types of oils, and vinegars there
> as well. As well as various Chinese, ethnic ingredients I use.

Funnily enough, most of the 'stuff' in my pantry is of ethnic origin!!

Italian "OO" flour, Indian pickles and spices, Indonesian spices and
pastes, Spanish EVOO, Madagascan Vanilla beans..........

> I use those little turntables that Rubbermaid and various companies
> put out...helps me access them all....

I need a conveyer belt, with some tiny midgets living in the back of the
pantry that I can yell out to when I need stuff from 'back there'!! :-)

> I group all my vinegars
> together, my oils, etc...

I try.

It works for a little while.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Mi b'aill docha basaich air m' ris, sin mair air m'glun.

(I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees.)