Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default What Do You Put in Your Pantry?

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:56:18 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I
>was just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
>much food in a lifetime!
>
>I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
>content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
>in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>
>What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?
>
>Clueless in Minnesota

I wish I had a big walk-in pantry.

Right now, I have been stocking up on various things like sugar,
flour... while they are on sale this season. Good prices right now...

I have open shelves in my kitchen and I store glass jars with various
things in them. Like all sorts of dried beans, rices, grains, pasta,
dried milk (just in case), vegetable broth, dried fruits, other canned
goods. Not foods in themselves, but ingredients... ... I will try
to take a pic of them later on...

I have stocked up on all sorts of tomato products, like canned
tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato puree and a few cans of tomato sauce.

Jams, jellies...

Honey, molasses, corn syrup.

I do it bit by bit, to cut down on expense. So over the past few
yeas, I have developed quite the pantry stock.

I can send you various websites that can give you ideas, if you
want....

Christine