JL

Default How many slabs of pork ribs for 20 adults?

"Gavin" > wrote:
> I'm having a Super Bowl party and I'm expecting 20 adults. I have 5
> racks of pork spare ribs that I plan to do on my WSM. I just had a
> scary vision of someone getting to the rib platter after they're all
> gone.
>
> Does 5 slabs seem like enough for 20 adults, or should I pick up some
> more? I'm doing potato salad and baked beans, too.

Been there....the short answer: It depends on the guests and what else
you are serving.

Assuming we're talking about true full racks, on the average, I figure
1/2 rack per person if I'm serving appetizers and side dishes.

Using rib racks on my WSM, I've crammed 6 racks. I've read/heard
about rolling the racks to get more on, but I haven't tried it.

PS: GO PATS!