Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_2_] Damsel in dis Dress[_2_] is offline

Default Req; Copycat Campbells Pork And Beans Recipe?

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:19:48 -0800 (PST), aem >
wrote:

>Haven't had them for years, but I would guess something like this:
>1. Boil some small white beans with a tiny bit of chopped salt pork
>until beans are slightly overcooked. Drain to liquid consistency you
>remember.
>2. Buy the cheapest hot dogs you can find, cut them in half
>lengthwise, then in thin half moons.
>3. Add the hot dogs to the beans along with a large amount of sugar,
>a small bit of salt and pepper, and a healthy glug of ketchup.
>That should take care of the essential ingredients. Adjust amounts to
>taste and if they are still not quite right, stir in some msg.

You've just vividly reminded me of why I don't eat pork and beans.
ROFL! That being said, this will probably make a good approximation
of the canned ones. They definitely have a lot of ketchup in them.

Carol