Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Egg in hamburger patty?

I was shocked at what I saw last night. I was watching Gordon Ramsay's
Kitchen Nightmares and he concocted a new burger for a restaurant that
contained egg yolks, mustard, onion, Worcestershire (sp?) sauce and maybe a
few other things. I certainly hope they declared on the menu that it was a
secret recipe or some such thing. A plain hamburger patty has been my
restaurant staple since being diagnosed with the food allergies.

Has anyone heard of putting egg in there before? I've heard of onions and
even cheese, but not the other stuff. The only thing I personally have put
in a burger is an ice cube in the center. I read to do this when I was a
child and I used to make them that way. I'm sure these days there is some
sort of food safety thing that prevents one from doing it. And I'm not sure
it really made them any juicier. These days if I do cook a patty at home
(maybe twice a year), I buy the pre-made frozen ones.