Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default "Glug of Oilve Oil"?

> wrote

> Would like your help if anyone tried cooking from Jamie Oliver's
> cookbook. There are several recipe in his cookbook (jamie at home)
> when he mentions using olive oil without the measurement, he keeps
> using the word "Glug of olive oil", what does this mean? How much oil
> should I use?

Americana cookery is inexact at times and uses terms like this when exact
measuring isnt needed. A 'glug' is about when you would hear the bottle
'glug' back at you when pouring fast. If you want to be pendantic, yes the
size of the bottle matters ;-)

Call it 2-3 TB when talking liquid oils.

In my recipes, I also use 'squizzle' for Tiparos patis. You pinhole the top
to make a squeezable bit and a squizzle is one squeeze. Amount about 1/4
TS.