bbq

Default Turkey - Amount per person?

Barry wrote:

> Well you're correct in thinking that I'm going with the flow on this.
> My concern is about how large of a bird will fit in the large BGE?
> We never stuff a smoked bird. I've believed all the advise opposing it.

I have heard the same. You don't stuff turkey that is going to be
smoked. Potential of salmonella poisoning I think.

The BGE site says the large BGE will hold a 15# plus size turkey. So an
18# probably will fit, but it will be close is my guess. An 18# turkey
is on the smaller end of a large turkey. It's when you get to 20-22#,
that large is large.

Get the bird and put it in the BGE, still wrapped and see how it fits.
If it's too large, think of other alternatives. Spatchcocking works well
for turkeys from what others around here say.

Enjoy!!!!! And post pics too.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ