bbq

Default Turkey - Amount per person?

Barry wrote:

> I've seen suggestions ranging from 1/2 to 3/4# per person.
> Wife who over does everything food related says no way. She insists
> that turkey's have too much waste for that calculation. She suggest
> (insists)
> that our 11 person gathering will require an 18# bird.
> Don't know how she does the math, but that's her majic number.
> Been married long enough to know that one must pick their battles.

Suggestions I have seen for turkey are 1# or more per person. Turkey
dinner is one of those meals where people cook anticipating left overs.
With 11 people and an 18# bird, your sure to have leftovers.

Never been married, but do agree that one must pick their battles. It
sounds as though you are going to let your wife decide what size bird to
have. Since it is plenty, it is not worth an argument IMO. The positive
side of this is the 18# will hold more stuffing. Stuffing cooked in the
bird is better than stuffing cooked in the oven.

Enjoy the leftovers!!!!!!

BBQ