Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default What goes well with canned corned beef hash?

PeterLucas wrote:

> Poverty??

Actually canned hash ain't so cheap, especially not when considering
that the typical hungry adult can easily scoff down two cans. And a
fine home made corned beef hash is quite expensive and ranks high on
the list of gourmet dishes. Whenever I bother to cook corned beef I
make a good amount extra just for hash... corned beef shrinkage is
terrific... after cooking and trimming excessive fat it's lucky to
have a third of green weight. I estimate an average serving ends up
costing like $8, and it's so good I can eat seconds and even thirds,
as can most with an appetite. No matter how large a panful I prepare
it's never sufficient... in fact it's difficult to hash up the beef
without consuming a generous share.

Better than $3.50/15 oz can:
http://www.amazon.com/Libbys-Corned-...4085726&sr=8-1