Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini kilikini is offline

Default KFC 9.99 bucket

Kajikit wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 08:41:09 -0400, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>>

> The cheapest you usually see whole chicken here is a buck a pound. I
> usually make fried chicken tenders instead because Albertsons sells
> them for a buck fifty to two dollars (breasts are the same price but I
> like tenders better because you don't have to mess with them). When DH
> craves fried chicken I go and buy a pound, crumb them up with panko
> crumbs, and make some with no icky salt or msg to spoil it.

I've never tried to fry chicken with panko, yet, and unfortunately I'm all
out of it. Sometime this next week if the hubby gets a day off, I want to
take the trek to Tampa and restock my Asian items. (I need a *lot* of
stuff, too.) Anyway, I would love chicken fried in panko rather than the
cornmeal we usually use! Typically I only Panko on fish. Chicken would be
a nice change and I have chicken breasts in the freezer, too. Maybe I can
think of a good stuffed chicken breast idea with a crispy panko crust.
Hmmmmmm.

(Can you hear the wheels turning?)

kili