Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default KFC 9.99 bucket

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "James" > wrote in message
>> How much would the raw chicken cost you at regular supermarket
>> prices? At sale prices? Assume you cook regularly and have all the
>> other stuff necessary for fried chicken so their cost is minor.

> Cost is about the same as if you compared it to the chicken dinner at
> a nice restaurant for $19 a plate. What is the point? You pay for
> convenience. Whole chicken is 99¢ a pound regularly.

You must admit 99 cents a pound sounds rather deceptive since I've never
actually seen a 1 lb. chicken for sale Okay, cornish hens weigh a pound
or so but they aren't nearly as inexpensive as a whole chicken, poundage
wise. Publix has chicken leg quarters on sale for 59 cents/lb right now.
That's the cheapest I've seen them in a long time.

Jill