Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lynn from Fargo Lynn from Fargo is offline

Default Nothing Bundt Cakes

On Sep 10, 8:44*pm, Pennyaline > wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Sep 10, 6:53 pm, Pennyaline > wrote:
> >> Has anyone tried the products this chain store "bakery" sells? One of
> >> their stores just opened up nearby and advertises heavily on local
> >> radio. It got me curious so I went to their website.

> >> The product seems limited to fairly ordinary pound cake-based bundts,
> >> inexplicably decorated with heavy icings. I mean, heavy and thick icing
> >> and loads of it.

> >> Evidently the chain is successful, and the cakes are gimmicky. But
> >> before I say anymore to denigrate the product I'll ask if there is
> >> anyone here that has experience with it.

> >> <frankly, the website images of these cakes with their nearly
> >> stand-alone icing don't do much for my appetite>

> > They're a little pricey. *I went through their online ordering link
> > and they want $29.95 for a 8" decorated bundt cake or $39.95 for a 10"
> > decorated bundt cake. *I would not pay that much for a dang bundt cake.

> I could just go buy one and see for myself, but it's more entertaining
> to read the reviews on the company's own and a few other websites. I
> realize that I'm dealing with a population that by and large thinks
> Krispy Kreme is at the zenith of doughnuthood and not coincidentally
> couldn't recognize a hole in the ground, making it difficult to believe
> that these products are truly light and sumptuous and delicious and just
> like mother used to make. Especially not with those tarantulas
> straddling them. It is a most disquieting effect.

Actually, I like bundt cakes that are heavy and full of "stuff" like
nuts or coconut, or bananas or rum or sherry or lemon and
poppyseeds . . . No frosting/icing except a really nice light glaze.
Nobody around here would pay $29 for an 8" cake!

Lynn in Fargo
Life is sweet!