Draegus

Default Outers Electric Smoker?

I agree with Jack that you need to check to temperature range. Most electric
smokers don't have a thermostat. The pan is for the wood chips, wich you
want to put on dry, unlike soaked chips on charcoal. I have an ECB that I've
used for years, but got tired of getting up at 2:30 in the morning to make
sure my Christmas ham didn't get cold. I finally found an Old Smokey
electric with a thermostat control. The high range is around 325 degrees,
and works great as a smoke cooker, or I can turn it down, throw ice in the
drip pan to help keep down the heat and smoke cheese. Play around with yours
and see what your limits are, and I'm sure you'll find some good use for it.

Draegus