Posted to rec.food.cooking
Denise in NH Denise in NH is offline

Default Lodge Color or Tramontina?

I have a red Le Creuset dutch oven that I've used for years and I love
it, although it's stained inside, I also have generic pieces I love just
as much, that have never stained. I'm sure you'll like the Lodge brand.
My pieces are very heavy and generally just live on the stove top and
don't get put away after washing. None of them have ever chipped at
all, and I'm not delicate with them. They've even gone through the
dishwasher a few times.

One of the things I like about this type of cookware is it's ability to
hold heat. I can heat something up at home and drive it up to church or
a pot luck and the contents are still steaming 1/2 hour later. To
simmer sauce or a stew, I place it on the smaller back burner of my gas
stove and just ignore it for the afternoon.

Go for whatever piece you like best, I've seen the Lodge items and
they're very pretty. It isn't necessary to buy Le Creuset brand, as far
as I'm concerned, there's no difference in their performance. I bought
my large Le Creuset dutch oven at Home Goods for $79,95, which was a
great price, even cheaper than the Le Creuset outlet store. I've found
all the rest of my Le Creuset pieces at yard sales.

QVC also has a lot of this type of cookware at great prices.

Denise