Posted to rec.food.cooking
EZ Larry EZ Larry is offline

Default Lodge Color or Tramontina?

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:22:37 -0500, EZ Larry
> wrote:

>Many thanks, Lynn. I'm a member, so I'll go online and read the
>review.

And, here it is:

"Update: January, 2008

Shelling out hundreds of dollars for a Dutch oven is less necessary
than ever. We put two new low-cost models, one from Tramontina
($39.86) and another from Lodge ($49.86), to the test and liked what
we found. Both are crafted from enameled cast iron, and both produced
glossy, deeply flavored Belgian beef stew; fluffy white rice; and
crispy French fries in the test kitchen. But the Tramontina oven's
larger capacity (6.5 quarts to the Lodge's 6 quarts) and even lower
price made it our preferred choice. We recommend the Tramontina as an
inexpensive alternative to our favorite 71/4-quart Dutch oven by Le
Creuset ($229.95)."

So, it appears that the reason for the Tramontina is that it's
slightly larger and ten bucks cheaper. Both performed about as well.
--
EZ Larry from St. Louis