Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lynn from Fargo Lynn from Fargo is offline

Default Lodge Color or Tramontina?

On Aug 15, 8:23*am, EZ Larry > wrote:
> I had a dutch oven many years ago, but no longer, and my wife's
> 35-year-old RevereWare is just a tad too small.
>
> My local Walmart has the Lodge Color 6-quart in blue, green, and red:
>
> http://www.walmart.com/search/search...raint=0&search....
>
> Or, I could order the Tramontina 6.5 qt. in green:
>
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5716477
>
> Has anybody used either or both of these? Any recommendations would be
> most helpful.
>
> If I won the lottery, I'd by Le Creuset. But, with only two of us to
> cook for, I would use a dutch oven this size maybe 3 or 4 times a
> year, and I can't justify a couple hundred dollars.
>
> Thanks in advance, folks.
>
> --
> EZ Larry from St. Louis

Larry,
Cook's Illustrated magzine did a rating/review on those pots sometime
in the last few months. They do have a website but I don't know about
archives. If I remember correctly, they like Tremontina best for the
performance and the price.
Lynn in Fargo