Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chile Fiend Chile Fiend is offline

Default Best way to store uncooked rice?

Anthony Ferrante > wrote in
news
> I checked two bags of rice I had stored and both had little bugs on
> the inside. What is the best way to store uncooked rice to avoid bugs
> or is there no way to prevent it? A friend told me that she stores her
> bags of rice in the fridge until needed.
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony

Some of the brown rice we buy actually suggests using the fridge/freezer to
store as there are oils present that can (and will) go rancid if left
around at room temp. We just use glass mason jars which I vaccum seal and
stack them in the back of fridge/freezer. Each can is a 2 meal or 4 serving
portion. Tastes great and no creepy crawlers to worry about.