Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Fiocchi Recipe needed

Giusi > wrote:

>"notbob" > ha scritto nel messaggio > On 2008-07-03,
>Giusi > wrote:

>>> Look harder for the cheese, because last time I cooked with pecorino in
>>> the
>>> US it was horrible........

>> Was it US produced pecorino? The only pecorino I've found is aged 18-24
>> mos and
>> imported from Italy. I love the stuff.

>It said imported from Italy, but I can't think why anyone in Italy would
>waste the time to make such bad cheese. Maybe it was really from Elbonia.
>It was soapy and acid and salty. Nasty. It ruined the dish.

That's unfortunate. I love a good pecorino. My favorite is
making pasta pecorino -- penne, percorino, some parmesan,
a few sauteed mushrooms, and finish it with white wine
vinegar and olive oil. If you happen to have an excellent
white wine vinegar (and of course a good percorino) this combination
is heavenly.

Steve