Posted to rec.food.preserving
Gregory Morrow[_58_] Gregory Morrow[_58_] is offline

Default Ball -Mason Jar storage boxes

Gloria P wrote:

> wrote:
> > Dose anyone know where I can buy some boxes to store canning jars.

> If you have a liquor store you patronize, the boxes wine and other
> alcohol come in with the dividers would make decent storage and you
> could stack the jars two or three high, depending on size, in each
> compartment.

I get boxes from the Post Office, you can order these from
www.usps.com
....I get the 12x12x8 inch Priority Mail boxes...no dividers but they are
very strong. They are totally free, as is the shipping. I've ordered them
online and they've come in as little as two day's time. They've got a nice
variety of free shipping boxes/materials, all free and deliverable right to
yer door.

This is one of my fave "frugal finds"...you could even use the adhesive USPS
mailing labels as jar labels (after cutting them to size) I guess.

Our taxes (partly, at least) pay for this, so I'm not shy about taking
advantage of it. I don't order huge quantities, either, so...

If ya need bubble wrap/cardboard go to a furniture store, they throw away
TONS of that plus other packing materials...they'll be glad to let you haul
away as much as you care to take for free.

--
Best
Greg