Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Joneses[_1_] The Joneses[_1_] is offline

Default Ball -Mason Jar storage boxes

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
news
> wrote:
>> Dose anyone know where I can buy some boxes to store canning jars.

> Any sort of box will handle the job. Might be difficult finding actual
> canning jar boxes as most canners/preservers save theirs to keep the empty
> jars organized.
>
> I have used UHaul book boxes with good success, just wrapped the jars in
> enough packing paper to hold down breakage. HTH

I recycled paper reams boxes from work for those piles of jars I acquire. I
really like the pint-and-a-half mason jars that some speghetti sauce comes
in. I always make my own sauce, but some friends gave me several boxes worth
of their jars. I don't know if they would stand up to pressure canning, but
they do okay for bwb.
As always, pass the word amongst your peers at work or the Farmers' Market
or the shops where you do business. Nice place to find extra jars, too.
Edrena