Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Low & Slow on my Weber gas grill?

Paul the Q noob wrote:

> I've been reading up on the chunks of wood - put 1 in tinfoil, poke
> some holes in it, put it over the weber's flavorizer bars. some people
> change the chunks during the cooking time i imagine.

I find that one chunk doesn't smoke long enough so I wrap two before I
start and change them out midway.

> I wonder if I should be putting a drip pan filled with water under the
> ribs (on the flavorizer bars under the grill grates) ? i see some
> people doing this.

I think that would work well. I use the foil. The whole idea is to keep
the drippings from messing up the grill too much.
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation