Posted to alt.food.barbecue
VegA VegA is offline

Default Does BBQ sauce really go bad (if refrigerated)?

On Thu, 29 May 2008 22:53:27 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

SNIP

>Cold. The colder, the better. But not frozen in the center. '-)
>
>Why? I'm not really sure, except that I like my steaks char-grilled on the
>outside, but still slightly cool inside. This works much better for me if
>it's straight from the 'fridge.
>Another cosmetic advantage to cold meat on the grill/smoker, you get a
>deeper smoke ring.
>
>BOB

I bring my meat to room temp before grill'in or Que'in for several
reasons:

I really don't want to waist the time and wood in the pit or on the
grill having the pit or grill have to bring the meat up to cooking
temp.

IMHO room temp meat cooks more even.

I find meat doesn't stick to the grill if it is at room temp. Even
when the grates are oiled up well, cold meat can stick real bad

I make steaks just fine starting at room temp and searing the outside
while leaving the inside cool and pink. It's all in technique. Sear
the meat, move to cool side till desired doneness is achieved.

My only question is, why cold meat would develop a deeper smoke
ring???

Gene