Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Steve Calvin Steve Calvin is offline

Default Does BBQ sauce really go bad (if refrigerated)?

wrote:
<snip>
> Well, the sauce didn't kill me so that's good.
>
> Unfortunately the pork wasn't falling off the bone tender even after 8
> hours (4 lbs of pork). I have a feeling it was still frozen in the
> middle. We defrosted it in water in the sink, but it was in a plastic
> freezer bag. I'm wondering if the bag insulated it too much from the
> water. I'm thinking that next time I'll defrost it in the fridge in
> water with no bag. Better yet - don't freeze it in the first place!
>
> - Bobby

I always have a container of my "Hawaiian style" sauce in
the refrigerator. Sometimes it's probably been in there for
a year or so before we go through it all. Always been fine.

Of course the orange juice and whiskey that's in it may help ;-)

--
Steve