Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michael Kuettner Michael Kuettner is offline

Default What to do with Brie?

"The Ranger" schrieb :
> Michael Kuettner wrote :
>> Oven-baked potatos with Brie
>> (Serves 4)

<snip>
> Thanks for the recipe, Michael. I never thought about using rosemary with the
> brie. Doesn't that "overpower" the brie?

You're welcome.
No, the rosemary adds to the taste. Use sparingly and use fresh
rosemary.
For a real kick, try finely chopped Liebstoeckel - Levisticum
officinale - leaves instead of rosemary.

> I do something similar to the above recipe but use Maui or Valencia onions.

Those are white salad onions, right ?
Spring onions are young onions which taste like a mixture
of leek and onion; you use the greens, too.
Very good sprinkled over salads, btw.

> I slice thick rings and then circle the potatoes with the rings to keep them
> together. I also ladle butter over everything to give them a golden crunch.
> The daughter-units will easily consume the entire batch between themselves so
> we make more than eight potatoes.

Butter and Brie ? That would overwhelm the taste of the potato,
I guess.

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner