Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Ranger[_6_] The Ranger[_6_] is offline

Default What to do with Brie?

Michael Kuettner > wrote in message
> Oven-baked potatos with Brie
> (Serves 4)
>
> 8 potatos
> 500 grams Brie
> young (spring) onions
> rosemary
> pepper, salt
>
> Wash potatos, wrap in tinfoil and bake in the oven at
> 180 deg C for ca. 40 minutes.
> Unwrap potatos. Cut the potatos lengthwise and gently
> press the halves apart, so that you get a pocket. Fill this
> pocket with thinly sliced Brie and rosemary. Season with
> salt and pepper. Put the potatos back in the oven for ca.
> 5 minutes, until the brie is molten.
>
> Cut the young onions in thin slices and sprinkle over the
> potatos.
>
> Serve.

Thanks for the recipe, Michael. I never thought about using
rosemary with the brie. Doesn't that "overpower" the brie?

I do something similar to the above recipe but use Maui or
Valencia onions. I slice thick rings and then circle the
potatoes with the rings to keep them together. I also ladle
butter over everything to give them a golden crunch. The
daughter-units will easily consume the entire batch between
themselves so we make more than eight potatoes.

The Ranger