Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] beans@smithfarms.com is offline

Default What to do with Brie?

On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:11:54 -0500, Sky >
wrote:

>er, cheese that is <G>. I have a chunk of brie that I need to use 'fore
>too long. Typically, I just put slices Triscuit crackers (baked and not
>baked), but I'd like to know what the local RFC-denizens like to do with
>their brie cheese. I've tried it baked encased with phyllo, but I
>wasn't too thrilled with the outcome. Savory, with steaks maybe?
>Sweet, with jams and preserves or fresh fruit? What say y'all?
>
>Sky

Sorry I do not have the recipe handy, but I made a fabulous brie dish
once. Penne pasta, steamed broccoli and chunks of brie cheese. All
tossed together and it was delicious. The brie gives it the salt and
the melted cheese hangs all over the pasta and the green broccoli is
beautiful and crunchy.

Wish I still had the recipe.

aloha,
beans