Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default What to do with Brie?

"Sky" wrote

> er, cheese that is <G>. I have a chunk of brie that I need to use 'fore
> too long. Typically, I just put slices Triscuit crackers (baked and not

Below recipe, cooks best in a glass pan such as you may have for brownies.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Xxcarol's Brie, Pepper, Onion soda bread
Categories: Breads, Xxcarol
Yield: 6 Servings

2 c Flour, white all purpose
1 ts Salt
1/3 c Butter
1 c Slivered brie (or small bits
1/2 c Fine chopped onion
1 tb Black pepper
2/3 c Milk
1 tb Baking soda

Start with all the dry ingredients and mix them well in a large bowl.
Now add the butter (softened but not melted) and chop that into the
mix as well as you reasonably can. Add the remaining ingredients and
mix to a dough. Using a preheated oven (always preheat when making
bread or fish!) bake at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes.

You can actually use any cheese I can think of for this (if using
cottage cheese, add a bit more flour if it seems to 'wet') and you
may want to vary the spice used to match the cheese type. The onions
are optional.

From the kitchen of: xxcarol From: Carol Shenkenberger Date: 06-26-97
Cooking

MMMMM