Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Easy way to measure shortening

On Thu 22 May 2008 10:09:32a, weaver told us...

> My Aunt taught me this trick many years ago. If you ever need to get
> the right amount of Shortening for say...Your home made Pie Crust,
> here is a simple yet easy way to do it.

I used to do that occasionally before I had a scale. I find the scale
simpler and less messy. I just put a piece of plastic wrap on the top of the
scale and spoon the solid shortening onto it. 1/2 cup of shortening equals 4
oz. advp. In other words, ounce for ounce. Easy.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 05(V)/23(XXIII)/08(MMVIII)