Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Is there a good alternative to PAM spray?

On Fri 18 Apr 2008 10:22:03a, Buddy told us...

> PAM spray is great except for its delivery system -- if I use it
> everyday it is fine, but if I use it sporadically it hardens and clogs
> up the nozzle, and I end up tossing it away when it becomes gungy
> looking, wasting it. Who wants to soak and clean the sray head every
> time you use a tiny squirt.
>
> I have tried using oils and greases as a substitute in baking, etc. but
> nothing beats PAM for this. Does anybody know of a substitute that works
> as well that you can just brush or wipe on?

I switched from Pam to the new Crisco spray some time ago. I like it much
better, and have never had the nozzle clog. Having said that, for many
things I use either olive oil or vegetable oil that I brush on with a nylon
pastry brush.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Friday, 04(IV)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)