Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sloppy Joe's/Chili dog sauce

On Mon 31 Mar 2008 11:40:44a, blake murphy told us...

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:23:33 -0500, Scott > wrote:
>
>>bbq wrote:
>>> Looking over some Sloppy Joe's recipes, I notice they look the same as
>>> a chili dog sauce. Some Sloppy Joe's recipes have Ketchup as the
>>> tomato taste ingredient. I don't recall a chili dog sauce using
>>> Ketchup. Other than that, I see no difference.
>>>
>>> What's the difference between a Sloppy Joe mixture and a Chili dog
>>> sauce?
>>>
>>> BBQ

If anything, sloppy joes have only a very small amount of chili powder and
related spices in it compared to chili dog sauce. Generally, chili dog
sauce is also runnier.

>>You may want to try this for a change of pace:
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_hot_dog

> has this any relation to loosemeat?

Only insofar as the meat is "loose". Totally different animals in the
taste department, IMO.

> perhaps predictably, rachel ray has a recipe:
>
> <http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._9936_26347,00
> .html>

Not a surprise. RR seems to have a recipe for damned near everything,
whether I like it or not. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 03(III)/31(XXXI)/08(MMVIII)