Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Sloppy Joe's/Chili dog sauce

bbq wrote:
> Looking over some Sloppy Joe's recipes, I notice they look the same
> as a chili dog sauce. Some Sloppy Joe's recipes have Ketchup as the
> tomato taste ingredient. I don't recall a chili dog sauce using
> Ketchup. Other than that, I see no difference.
>
> What's the difference between a Sloppy Joe mixture and a Chili dog
> sauce?
> BBQ

To my way of thinking a chili dog sauce and a sloppy joe sauce vary from
household to household and area to area. I never knew a mother in my group
when growing up that made either the same as someone else's mother. Make it
the way you like and don't worry about it.
Janet