Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.drink.tea
Rina Rina is offline

Default are enamel-on-steel kettles safe?

You probably clean other pans immediately, or if using them for water, other
things go into that water, such as pasta or potatoes, you wouldn't notice
the residue.

Tea kettles seem to get water added and boiled several times before
thoroughly cleaning again. (In my kitchen at least, or am I just a slob
,<laughing>) I do begin each morning with a freshly cleaned tea kettle.

That's one thing that annoys me about many tea kettles, the top opening is
too small to get your hand in and scrub the kettle...

Rina

On Mar 24, 4:47 pm, George Shirley > wrote:
> Rina wrote:
> > I think the residue is just minerals in your water. I get the same thing
> > in
> > my stainless steel tea kettle.

-

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. I kinda doubt it could be from the water,
because i have other pots (not sure if they are stainless steel or
aluminum) and i dont get any of that residue there when i boil the
water. But i ll try to boil bottled water and see what happens.