Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Whip Egg Whites with Stick Blender

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:21:11 -0600, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> I only have a regular stick blender - no whisk attachment. Can
>> it be used to whip egg white into stiff peaks for a souffle?
>>
>> I'm too much of a wimp to do it by hand.

> You need to beat air into the whites to get the stiff peaks; the stick
> blender is a chopper. Do you have a hand beater?

I have whisks and copper bowls, but last time I tried that my arm
got really sore before I could get it up.

Maybe I can attach the whisk to an electric drill....

I guess I could try the immersion blende (Braun), and if it
fails, make mayonnaise instead.

-sw