Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pennyaline Pennyaline is offline

Default A STRONG cookie press/dough extruder?

wrote:
> On Feb 24, 7:35 pm, "Pete C." > wrote:
>> Once you try grinding your own meats fresh and see the huge difference
>> it makes you'll consider it money well spent. Try making some sausage
>> and there is even more justification.

> Well, I'm a vegetarian, but I wouldn't mind making my own veggie
> sausage if I could find suitable casing. (I looked around a while back
> and found nothing available in less-than-industrial quantities).
>> The sausage stuffer horns come with a piece that installs in place of
>> both the cutter blade and the hole plate. All it does is use the auger
>> screw to force the material out through the horn.

> I found the manual for the grinder online and I noticed the auger/worm
> gear drive in the exploded parts diagram, so yes: no worries there.
>
> If it's strong enough to push nasty ol' meat through small holes in a
> metal plate, then surely it's adequate to handle my pretzel dough.
> Thanks again for the idea!
>
> (Thanks also to Melba and Sky for their helpful replies).

Okay. I know of only one way to make pretzels. They don't "spritz." They
are rolled. My reply told you the same thing theirs did, but if my reply
wasn't "helpful" enough for you, toots, then up yours.

<I've had my fill of mealy mouthed little shits today>