Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] electronic_dave@hotmail.com is offline

Default A STRONG cookie press/dough extruder?

On Feb 24, 7:35 pm, "Pete C." > wrote:

> Once you try grinding your own meats fresh and see the huge difference
> it makes you'll consider it money well spent. Try making some sausage
> and there is even more justification.

Well, I'm a vegetarian, but I wouldn't mind making my own veggie
sausage if I could find suitable casing. (I looked around a while back
and found nothing available in less-than-industrial quantities).

> The sausage stuffer horns come with a piece that installs in place of
> both the cutter blade and the hole plate. All it does is use the auger
> screw to force the material out through the horn.

I found the manual for the grinder online and I noticed the auger/worm
gear drive in the exploded parts diagram, so yes: no worries there.

If it's strong enough to push nasty ol' meat through small holes in a
metal plate, then surely it's adequate to handle my pretzel dough.
Thanks again for the idea!

(Thanks also to Melba and Sky for their helpful replies).