Ken

Default Farm Raised Salmon as Sashimi

I've seen the extensive postings in this group about avoiding the
consumption of raw wild Pacific salmon due to parasites. I have a few
questions along those lines:

1) I occasionally eat tuna from my local grocery store (in Seattle). It is
usually just their standard tuna steak cut, not the "sashimi-grade" Ahi that
they sometimes carry. The guy behind the counter told me that it's fine to
eat the non-sashimi grade. Is it?

2) I've been eyeing those big farm-raised salmon fillets at Costco and the
grocery store. Without regard to flavor, would those be safe to eat raw?

3) Is "freezing to weaken parasites" a good measure to take with salmon?
I've heard the measure described as a silver bullet for parasites, and I've
heard others say that it is still risky even if you freeze it. Basically,
if I buy one of those farm-raised fished, freeze and thaw it, should I be
okay?

Thanks all.