Posted to alt.food.barbecue
vex vex is offline

Default Blocking Gmail

Dave Bugg wrote:
> An individual newsgroup may not receive much, if any, spam. But there
> are a number of very hi-traffic newgroups which do. I do not consider
> AFB to be either hi-traffic or problematic with spam. But blocking
> the gmail domain name is not done by newsgroups, it is done
> universally. The unhappy side-effect of doing so is that it puts the
> innocent into the same gulag as the guilty, regardless of newsgroup.

Agreed. I guess I just felt the need to comment about not seeing the amount
of spam using the news servers I use, as compared to you. I only utilize a
couple of high traffic groups. AFB is the lowest traffic of the bunch. The
higher traffic ones number ~1000msg/day.

About the only time I use my gmail account is to log in to google groups, or
google analytics, or google maps. But I never post to groups from there, I
generally use it as an archival search tool.

--Brett