Posted to rec.food.equipment
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Slow cooker vs pressure cooker?

wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
>> Pressure cooker, hands down. Why? Because I've only ever made two or
>> three things worth eating in a slow cooker, and one of them is hot
>> cider. I like what someone said about planning -- with a slow cooker
>> you have to plan ahead. I don't like to plan ahead for much. And I'm
>> not afraid of a pressure cooker as many are. JMOs.

> OK point taken
>
> Any advice in a small pressure coke for a single
> person? brand and model?

I like my Fagor. I have the 6 quart size, which works well for most
things. There are 4 qt ones, but I don't think they're as useful.
It's simple to use and well-made. I got mine at Costco - I don't know
if they still have them there. I've seen a number of inexpensive,
flimsy models, some made of aluminium. The Fagor is stainless steel,
with a heavy sandwiched base.