Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default Q: Convection vs. Regular Baking

On Jan 21, 6:45*pm, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 00:11:23 GMT, (Arthur
>
> Shapiro) wrote:
>
> >Can anyone share some words of wisdom about choosing convection vs. normal? *
> >Thanks!

> Convect is one of those features I can live happily without. *I use it
> for roasting chicken, because it browns the skin beautifully. *I know
> some people think convect is wonderful for cookies. *I'm not so sure.
> I'd certainly never use it for pizza. *I did it once and that was the
> last time.
>
> --
> See return address to reply by email
> remove the smiley face first

I use the convection part of my oven for cookies, heating prepared
frozen foods like mini tacos, quesadillas, chicken strips, French
fries, etc.

According to my manual, what fares best with convection is anything in
a flat, shallow pan, so that's what I use it for. I generally don't
decrease the temp by 25 degrees, as it suggests - more like 10 or 15
degrees, and for my chocolate chip cookies, I bake at 325 just like I
do in the regular-heat oven. I really like the convection feature.

N.