H. W. Hans Kuntze

Default Substitute for fresh/frozen cranberries

Suanne Wong wrote:

>The following cranberry cookies calls for 2 1/2 cups of cranberries (I
>assummed it's asking for fresh ones). Can I substitute it with dried on=

es

Yes Susan. They are excellent dried.

>and how much would it be?

Basically 3 - 1, fresh/dried, but I would not worry about that too much, =

just put in as much as you think feels right, they are not going to=20
upset a thing. Much like raisins. Matter of fact, they are dried much=20
better than fresh. Same as cherries in cookies.

But I would toast the nuts before chopping, much better flavor.

You might want to chuck the baking soda too, although there is some acid =

from the O-J and brown sugar, the acid from the fresh cranberries will=20
be missing to activate it.
Substitute another 3/4 to 1 ts of baking powder instead.

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"