Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pennyaline Pennyaline is offline

Default Help: My corkscrew broke

wrote:
> I was opening a bottle of wine, and the corkscrew broke probably
> because the wine had "plastic" cork" instead of real cork. There is
> not time to run out and get a new one "Christmas eve", what are some
> suggestions to get the cork out?

Nonsense! Every supermarket on the planet has what's known as waiters
corkscrews for sale. Bundle up, trundle out and get one. Otherwise, be
prepared to bang that bung down into the bottle.

You'll still need a corkscrew for next week, so you may just as well go
get one now unless you like whacking the neck of the bottle against the
porch steps -- or in the case of champagne, using a sword.