Posted to rec.food.equipment
KLS KLS is offline

Default LF replacement parts for a Philips HR 7805/A Combo Stand Mixer, Food Processor & Blender

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 10:57:06 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

>I have a Philips combination stand mixer, food processor and blender.
>It was purchased it 10-15 years ago and it was quite a pricy unit at
>that time. Last night I snapped the beater off when I was in a rush
>and trying to cream butter and cream cheese that wasn't soft enough -
>my own stupid fault. The beater is plastic with a metal shank that
>goes into the machine. I called Philips Canada and parts are no
>longer available for this unit. I hate to think that the machine is
>no longer any good without this muchly used part. The food processor
>still works fine along with the dough hooks and the egg white whipper
>but the beater is an all-purpose beater and the one part I used the
>most. Now that I'm done whining about my own stupidity, does anyone
>know of a company that might be able to "MacGiver" me a new part by
>forming a new piece of plastic for the metal shank? I know it can't
>be glued because the spot where it broke is where all the main
>pressure points on the beater are located.

If I were you, I'd contact local machining shops: they fabricate
custom parts out of metal and plastic. Might cost more than you're
willing to pay, but it can be done.... Or try a community college that
has a tool and die or computer machining degree program: they might
like the challenge of creating a replica to test student skills.