Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mitch Scherer Mitch Scherer is offline

Default Pepperidge Farms Cornbread Stuffing

"itsjoannotjoann" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Oh gosh, I can't tolerate that ''stovetop variety mess." The recipe I
> was given called for this particular ''cornbread stuffing" and as
> directed I added onions, celery, low-sodium chicken broth, etc. I
> just didn't care for the taste all that much but mainly the doughy
> consistency. Followed the directions of how to bake it, but this will
> not be a recipe I'll be making again with P. F. cornbread stuffing
> mix.

I have never used Pepperidge Farms stuffing either but I enjoy many
Pepperidge Farms products. (I was disappointed when they stopped making
their excellent lobster bisque.) Unlike some other posters, I do like
stovetop stuffing. The last time I made it was with canned chicken stock
instead of water. It did fluff up a bit and was a nice quick treat. While
not as good as made from scratch but good for something that only takes a
few minutes.

Mitch