Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default How long can a thawed out turkey stay in the fridge?

http://dhfs.wisconsin.gov/hometips/dhp/Turkey.htm

>> I found the question odd, too. This is why I sometimes ask how old
>> people are, which, of course, never gets a response because the
>> reason for the question is obvious. Born yesterday?

> I'm 55 and not a cook. I was just trying to time it so it would be
> thawed out by Thanksgiving, but if i thawed out earlier would it be
> safe? My family wants a fresh organic turkey, but i can only find
> places that has them frozen.

Thawed out and left 21 days until Thanksgiving??? Even a 5 year old knows
better. You're not 55, you're a troll. Trolls taste especially good if
they are roasted slowly over an open spit on a rotisserie.